Friday, August 24, 2007

Summer With Dominic

My day started early and well - went to breakfast at Baker's Square in Livonia (they closed the one in Westland). Then went for a hike at the Livonia Rotary Park with Larry. I like the park because of the woods and the trails along a tributary to the Rouge River. Reminds me of walking along the Naghalin River close to the bridge towards Suba.

It is very hot and humid today. Took my grandson, Dominic to the Henry Ford Museum. It is one of the largest historical museums in the country. Among other things the chair they used to carry Lincoln after he was shot is there - the bloodstains can still be seen. So is the car the President Kennedy was riding in, when he was shot is also there and so is Edison's laboratory and all that - it would take a good three to four days to really take in everything and appreciate US history and all that.

Needless to say, it is one of the coolest places in metro-Detroit if not Michigan. We went to see the "Rock Stars Cars and Guitars" exhibit. So we saw the cars owned by Madonna, Elton John, Elvis Presley, etc and the guitars also!!!

Yes, John Lennon's custom psychedelic Rolls Royce is beautiful. The paint job is a magnificent work of art.

We went to Henry Ford Museum three weeks ago. I did not post this earlier because I was looking for a picture of Dominic to go along with it - he has grown a lot - just a bit taller than I am.

I am not sure how the summer disappeared - haven't been swimming at all this year - have only been sailing one time - now I have one more week before school starts. I am rearranging my office - already had one faculty meeting last week and I think two more next week. A lot of thunderstorms lately and I hate driving in the rain.

Thunder and lightning still frighten me but not as bad - I use to literally crawl in bed and cover up.

2 comments:

feebee said...

hi, aunt ethna!
catmon will have no power all day today. 8 more mins and they'll turn the main thing off so the CEBECO guys can do maintenance checks :(

i'll try to take pics while magbrownout :) did you have any pics from the museum visit? the things u saw are really neat!! dominic had fun? :)

montecillo said...

Hi, Aunt FeeBee,

Yes I had fun.

Love to all the family in Catmon.

Dominic