Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hello, Kapitan Panta Families - Wherever You Are

Lolo Aqui used to tell wild stories about flying saucers and aliens landing in the bamboo grooves - the strange physical characteristics and vehicles - used to scare me a lot but I also loved it - so I would beg for Lolo Aqui tell me about the agta, or the woman who walked around Poblacion and hang out by the imburnal - that was before Ingko David moved their house and store there - so it would go on and on. It was greeaat! After listening to the stories my imagination would just go wild all night.

Remember, this was before electricity, paved roads and the last "Autobus" trip came around 8:00 PM - the end of motor traffic!!! - unless Uncle Tino had a housecall to make or an emergency run by the "corporation" - which was really a truck driven by
Tio Pedro Monsanto before he was mayor.

Anyway, after viewing Mecmec's website with the family reunion posting - I was overwhelmed. I cried a little from my heart's longing to be with all of you. Then today, I thought about Lolo Aqui a lot. I wonder what he would think about some of advances in communication and technology. I missed him a lot - his stories and his smell - he always smelled like a freshly bathe baby.

I am going to be very busy - school starts next Tuesday, I teach on Tuesdays. I am doing RA training tomorrow - had 3 faculty meetings already - skipped 2 of those - had a community meeting in Westland. Had an advising session with one of the Filipino students from Bacolod today - it was fun - he is very homesick,too.

Thank you Many Aliado and Ingko Tony - of course,Mecmec. Please feel free to comment on my blogs.

No comments: