Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lolo Milong, Uncle Junior and Dad Elliott



Lolo Milong and Daddy



Lolo Milong and Uncle Junior



Uncle Junior and Daddy



Lolo Milong and his friend Man Yanong Nuneza

Like I said before, I knew very little about him. I visit his grave at Mt. Olivet Cemetery twice a year and have conversations with his spirit. I always tell him how much Lola loved him and how she missed him. He died in November, 1953.

I thought I would post some of the pictures that Jewel Nuneza sent me. I am forever grateful to her for sharing these photos. I hope and pray that we would connect face to face one day. There is so much I would like to know about Lolo Milong.

Apparently Man Yanong Nuneza was one of Lolo Milong's best friends. He lived with the Nuneza family for a long time until he died.

All three - Lolo Milong, Daddy and Uncle Junior are now gone - I do miss them, miss what was and who they were to me and what might have been - if our stories had a differnt plot.

6 comments:

feebee said...

good looking men! ;)
will watch out for more.....

montecillo said...

That is why you are a good looking woman - you carry the right genes, Inday! :)

feebee said...

hahaha!! :) good looking family.
i think i look like lolo milong

montecillo said...

You are too funny - I understand he was quiet a looker and a good dresser.

can't believe we are actually talking to each other this way!

Love to all!

feebee said...

unfortunately, i am unable to take after the good dresser part. eeekk!!

i think Oyang has her father's smile. i wonder if lola bette would agree with me....

montecillo said...

Can't really say - Tia Geline very seldom smiled or laughed in my memory - she was always angry about something - when she decided to come to Catmon - Lola was always warning me about not doing things to make her mad. They were always arguing - about me among other things. Lola's drinking bothered her a lot - while I had to live with it for better or for worse until I went to college.