Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tatay Panta's Older Children

Emiliana (Lola Milyang)

I loved her. I liked her beautiful "saya" and "terno" - she was always dressed to the nines, when she went to town. She always looked very aristocratic and regal when she walked to Poblacion. She tried to get me interested in tracing the family relationships but no dice - the idea was not in my frame of reference.

I did ask her a lot of questions, and she was always forthcoming with her answers. She loved flowers and and fruit trees - loved her orchards. One of her orchards was close to the river near kanipa-an. She had cacao and jackfruit I think - I used to tag along with her and Tia Fe to check on the orchard. Her house was surrounded by many tambis trees. She had original Tambis trees (kara-an)- where Katambisan is now.

Her first husband was a Regalado - had Uncle Carling. Uncle Carling came to Michigan with her uncles as a young man and settled here. I have met Uncle Carling and some of his children. It would be very cool to catch up with them again. I hope some of his grandchildren will read some of this.

Lola Milyang's second husband was Lolo Tero - I vaguely remember him as being sick. He was a De Dios from Carmen. They had three sons - Tio Alejo, Tio Candoy (Candelario), Tio Pepe (Jose) and two daughters - Tita Remy (Remedios) and Tia Fe.

Mateo (Lolo Teyoy)

He was a character. He had a "bungsod" and "sabay" as well as other fishing implements mostly nets. He liked to tell stories. He always referred to Lola Vidad as the "Kastila." They had Tio Ensok (Lorenzo), Tio Tisiong (Patricio), Tio Inteng (Vicente) and Inday Julit (Julieta.)

Rosario (Lola Yayong)

Lola Yayong married Lolo Andong Adelan - had Tio Sergio, Tia Boni (Ares) and Tia Idel(Nuneza). Hope I did not miss anyone. She died before my time so I don't really know her either.

Eugenia

Well, I am drawing sort of a blank here - I think she died when she was fairly young. She had Tio Gelacio who lived in Bukidnon - near Talakag - not far from Malaybalay. One of my regrets is not being able to visit them when I was in Malaybalay. I did know Gelacio Junior from my college days in Cebu.

It would be great to find out where they are now and reconnect.

No comments: