Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Aftermath, Sock Story and All That

Oh, Oh, Oh - still in my pajamas - have not made it to church, have eaten too much and have become laggard.Discovered that I did not bring enough clothes - so had to wash what I wore - still in the dryer.

The Thanksgiving feasts here at Lauren's and at Nicki's were sinfully great and excessive.Now comes the leftover days - add the "bring house" leftovers from Nicki's and John's family party - we are grazing on the food.

John did break down last night and made hamburgers. He also cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast but then warmed up the apple cobbler from his sister's house - pure gluttony.

I finished one of the books I was reading - "The Elephant and The Dragon" by Robyn Meredith. Got caught up with my work e-mail - just the reading part. Checked on my Facebook and updated some stuff, got caught up with some of my groups, events, projects and sent some greetings.

Working with my beading.I design and make beaded jewelry. I started in my teen years taking "jewelry making classes" in Japan and have just started back up. It is hard to "design on the fly" and make the jewelry right away. It is hard to make time.

Had a big argument with Dominic last night - he cried and I cried - sometimes things are said that shouldn't be said - and we both did. It is hard to raise assertive, opinionated,outspoken lawyers. Sometimes the line of respect is blurred and crossed. We kissed and made up.

Been for a couple of short walks - Garden City holds a special place for me. I served as the Executive Director of the Garden City Chamber of Commerce for over a year, before my divorce. A lot of fond and happy memories in this town - lived here for 14 years...

The "sock story" - my sister or was it my sisters and I were going shopping or something. I have never gotten into the "dressing/make-up/primping business" and would usually throw on my back whatever I can get my hands on. So,I put my shoes on even though my socks did not match, much to my sisters' "chagrin" and they say "embarrassment."

Well,dryers love to eat my socks one sock at a time.I hate to throw away the remaining sock - I think it is wasteful and bad for the environment. So I keep them and wear them.

Socks are worn under shoes, boots, pants - and who is going to be interested in my socks - I am sure the "Fashion Police" have better things to do - besides I am too busy with other more important things.

So there you are and here I am - always trying to be the best person I can be like Lola Bette taught me.

1 comment:

feebee said...

lol about the sock story. it's cool u are working with beads. someone has got to brush some fashion (sense) on me cuz i score a flat zero in that department. har har! :P