Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Abnormal Month, First Snow, Freedom

Well - we had flurries a couple of weeks ago - the warm weather have lasted a long time. The first snow came - a dusting at Thanksgiving, a little that stuck or at least covered the grass yesterday - temperature in the 20's. So it is getting cold.

I hate wearing coats, I hate wearing layers of clothes, I hate wearing boots most of all. But had to break it all out to prep for winter.

Freedom - got my car back - driving again - I just wanted to drive and drive and drive today. I hate driving!

Sounds like I am pretty stressed - too many projects going. It is that time of year. Having the panels of the "The Names Project AIDS Quilt" on display here tomorrow and Friday. The "Christmas for Kids Project" is going have 8 families so far, have the "Students Helping Students" T-shirt and Bag Sale starting, having a Fair Trade Sale next week, have papers to read and check, meetings to attend, etc...

Have 3 students losing their homes - the foreclosure rate is very high in the area. Students needing help to register for next term. Students needing placements for last minute community service and service learning projects.December grads needing recommendations in their portfolios and resumes.

So relax - breathe slowly now - in and out, in and out.

Although I think December is the most abnormal of all months, - it is normal December in life. It is a normal December for me in my job.

No comments: