Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday

Well, Donna is working today - it is the biggest shopping day of the year. I hate shopping, so I stay home. I am highly allergic to malls or box stores. I think it is better to support the Mom and Pop shops. Better for the community, better for the environment and better for the economy.

I have only been to a Wal-Mart once - in Texas- when the store was the only game in town. I went in, picked up what I needed and walked out. All the time feeling guilty for not planning my trip better. Felt like I wanted to go to confession after.

Lauren started her shopping at 5:00 AM. Claims she got pretty good deals but then she has a lot of shopping - our family, John's family - the numbers add up.

I confess that I was tempted to shop - even went to the bank to get some $$$ - but then changed my mind and went for a walk instead. I gave Lauren some money to shop for Rosanne, Zachary, Gus and Creek - we have to put those in the mail soon.

My thing is give books, gift cards, gift certificates, give cash - supposedly, it is not fun to open those in opening on Christmas Day. A present is a present!The youngsters - Donna's children, Julie's children and my children used to tease me by shaking the books and pretend to guess what was inside.

Books can give and give for a life time not just Christmas.

1 comment:

feebee said...

hallelujah!!! i hate shopping too! though, i have a feeling i hate it more than you do, hehe :D