Sunday, July 29, 2007

Passing the Connections On

I showed the Catmonanon web page to my grandson Dominic yesterday, I told him that the angel is her cousin Ella. He seemed pretty impressed but lost interest quickly - typical of his age. Although he expressed his desire to go and see Catmon.

Well, my mother is Teresa Montecillo. Her parents are Beatriz de la Cruz and Emilio Rivera Montecillo. I don't know Lola's side of the family. I know that my great grandfather was Pantaleon Montecillo who was married to Teresa Rivera and Catalina Loyola.

I remember Lola Taling vividly.

My father is Juan Oro Rojo who is married to Julia Menchavez. If I am not mistaken, Pantaleon's mother was a Menchavez. To the best of my memory, we used to go to Sogod and Bao - a lot for birthdays, weddings, deaths, ordinations at the Menchavez branch of the family.

I married Donald Leroy Rankine II and have three children. Leto (Donald III), Rosanne Maria and Lauren Alexandra. Dominic Elliott Oro Rankine is the son of Lauren Alexandra and Michael Halam.

So Dominic and his cousins, Emmanuel, Zachary and Auguste are at least 3 degrees away from being a Rivera, Montecillo, Menchavez. Still I want them to have solid knowledge of my branch of the family.

No comments: